Sunday, April 24, 2016

Blue glitter from Born Pretty Store



Blue glitter from Born Pretty Store

I love glitter. Glitter can spice up pretty much any mani so it’s not a secret that I’m a big fan of the stuff. Today I’m going to show you some glitter.

The little box of colour I got has number 1275 and it’s a mix of blue and black glitter. This is what it looks like:


The first impression was that it is all over the place, haha! You can see that there’s glitter outside the jar as well, so I did my review over a folded out newspaper. Second impression was that it’s a great looking glitter.

Here’s what I did with it:


I painted my nails blue with Anny’s Skinny Jeany. When that was dry I taped my nails into the pattern you see, applied a layer of slow drying topcoat and then added the glitter onto that with a fan brush. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.


The pictures are taken without topcoat. I found that the topcoat didn’t do anything good for the glitter so I recommend to use it as an effect, just like I did here.

The verdict:

Pros:
Cool looking glitter
Great effects
Cheap (0.99US$ for a jarful)

Cons:
It doesn’t like topcoat very much
It’s all over the place :D


BornPrettyStore has got free worldwide shipping, and is offering my readers a 10% discount. All you have to do is to use the code JCJ61 when you check out. 

14 comments:

  1. It's pretty, but the "all over the place" part is enough to keep me away from it hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have glitter all over the place anyway, hahaha!! :D

      Delete
  2. I also think it's pretty and I do have some curiosity to try loose glitter, but I really don't like things that spread out that much so we will see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love playing with glitter and I can easily live with it all over the apartment! :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful mani! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have loose glitter and they are so pretty on the nails! I love your triangles :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember when you had quite a few manis with lose glitter, and I really liked them :)

      Delete
  5. Great mani :) The glitter looks nice, I think I'll give it a try :D

    ReplyDelete