Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Philly Loves Lacquer: I Love You A Lime

Philly Loves Lacquer: I Love You A Lime
Pastel seafoam green jelly subtle scattered holo, also containing fine golden shimmer and fine opalescent flakies

Here's a polish that has been sitting in my box of untrieds for over 6 years. It was a part of The Holo Grail box for August in 2014. It's been sitting in the box for so long because I was hugely disappointed in it when it arrived. I love colours and I love holo. This polish is a muted pastel and the holographic effect is subtle at best. But it can't sit in the flippin' box forever so today's the day!

The formula is a bit streaky so I needed three coats for full opacity. The drying time is good.

I would wear a muted pastel on its own, so I obviously added a bit of nail art.

First I made some random brush strokes on it, purple with Catrice's "Even More Heavy Metalilac" and green with Vapid's "Who Needs Luck?".

Then I stamped on it. The motif is from the stamping plate "ShopAnts XL-002" and I stamped with a dark purple shimmery stamping polish from Born Pretty Store.

Then I topped it all with China Glaze's holo glitter topper "Fairy Dust".

Here's the final result in the sun.

Philly Loves Lacquer: I Love You A Lime
Philly Loves Lacquer: I Love You A Lime

I quite like this.

Philly Loves Lacquer: I Love You A Lime
Philly Loves Lacquer: I Love You A Lime

Here's the brush stroke manicure before the stamping in the sun.

Philly Loves Lacquer: I Love You A Lime
Philly Loves Lacquer: I Love You A Lime

And this is Philly Loves Lacquer "I Love You A Lime" alone; three coats and no topcoat yet. The photo is taken with flash.

Philly Loves Lacquer: I Love You A Lime
Philly Loves Lacquer: I Love You A Lime

Here are all the things I used today.


"I Love You A Lime" was limited edition and is no longer available. It isn't my colour and it isn't my finish, so yeah... I will see if I can find it a more loving home.
 

Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Good
Finish: Subtle scattered holo with shimmer and flakies
Overall impression: A bit streaky but with good drying time. Both colour and holo effect is too muted for me
Buy again: No

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm can't say I am so keen on it :-| The mani is okay though :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan either, but now it's out of its box :D

      Delete
  2. "I Love You A Lime" is pretty, but the manicure that you created is simply amazing, I love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete