Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Dare to Wear ~ Royal Crystal



Dare to Wear ~ Royal Crystal
Pale purple with golden shimmer

It’s been ages since I wore a Dare to Wear-polish last, but I recently bought three new ones, so it’s time again!

I chose the purple one first. The formula is good and coverage is okay. I used two coats and it had a nice drying time.

Here’s two coats and no topcoat:


This is a pretty inoffensive polish.


I blinged it up a bit. I chose a glitter from Color Club called Pinky Swear and made a stripe of glitter down the middle of each nail. When that was dry I added a layer of topcoat, and I was ready to go. Here’s my final mani:


I like it a lot with glitter!


Royal Crystal lacks a bit of edge in my opinion, but add whatever bling you like and it’s cool.



Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: shimmer
Overall impression: Non- offensive colour, golden flecks, okay polish
Buy again: I don’t think so

14 comments:

  1. I love the elegance of Royal Crystal and I love how it turned out with the glitter in the middle of the nail <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That glitter definitely did wonders for this mani, thank you so much <3

      Delete
  2. Lovely mani. I like how it went out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love purple shades and this polish is really pretty, but topped with the glitter one, it looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I must admit I really like what the glitter did to this mani :)

      Delete
  4. I agree, it lacks a little edge, it's like the shimmers are overpowering making it too pale... But it's neat with the glitters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I ended up liking the finished result :)

      Delete
  5. It's quite subtle, the colorclub polish makes it stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really good - both work so well together :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow the glitter took this from average to awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did! I'm so glad you noticed and like it too :)

      Delete