Saturday, January 5, 2019

Bluebird Lacquer ~ Shake a Teal Feather


Bluebird Lacquer ~ Shake a Teal Feather
Described as "a blue leaning teal holo with a blue highlight and purple shift

Today I’m going to show you one of my nail fails. It’s a shame that this manicure ended up like a fail manicure, because “Shake a Teal Feather” is a really gorgeous polish. It’s a HHC Facebook group custom from May 2017.

The formula is really good and the polish covers well. I used two easy coats for full opacity and I honestly think I could have got away with one. The drying time is average.

I thought the colour invited to stamp a peacock feather on it. I found the design on Moyra’s stamping plate “No. 106 Such a Strange Girl”. First I stamped with magenta but that didn’t really show up on the nail. Then I stamped with white on top of the magenta. It covered great but it honestly didn’t look that great.

Here’s the result photographed with flash.

Bluebird Lacquer ~ Shake a Teal Feather

This is “Shake a Teal Feather” alone; two coats and no topcoat. The picture is taken in the lightbox.

Bluebird Lacquer ~ Shake a Teal Feather
Bluebird Lacquer ~ Shake a Teal Feather

Here is the stuff I used today.


I really like “Shake a Teal Feather”, it’s a beautiful polish. Unfortunately it was limited edition and is no longer available.



Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Average
Finish: Holo with shimmer
Overall impression: Great colour, finish and effect
Buy again: Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment