Saturday, May 29, 2021

Rimmel: Apple Berry Smoothie

Someone is stealing my blog content. If you're not reading this on http://rainbowifyme.blogspot.com/ you're participating in a stolen blog. Click on the link to go to my genuine blog, thank you.

----

Rimmel: Apple Berry Smoothie
Medium blue with glass flecks

"Apple Berry Smootie" is another polish from the five polish collection I have already shown you two of. I think the collection came out around 2013 and it was really popular here at the time. The collection was called "Cocktail Colour".

Rimmel claims on the bottle that this is a one coater and that the one coat dries in 60 seconds. I had hoped that it was actually true for this pretty blue - but it isn't. I ended up with three coats to achieve full opacity. The drying time is good, but it takes a couple of minutes more than 60 seconds for it to dry.

I placed a silver star stud by the base of each nail. I placed the star in a dollop of silver holo polish, namely Essence's "Hello Holo". I think it looks pretty cool when a bit of silver holo peaks out from under the stars, take a look:

Rimmel: Apple Berry Smoothie
Rimmel: Apple Berry Smoothie


I find this super pretty.

Rimmel: Apple Berry Smoothie
Rimmel: Apple Berry Smoothie


Here's "Apple Berry Smoothie" alone; three coats and no topcoat. It's such a pretty colour and finish.

Rimmel: Apple Berry Smoothie
Rimmel: Apple Berry Smoothie


And here are the things I used today.


I think this is super pretty. I am surprised that it took three coats to be opaque, but I'm actually willing to forgive that fact.


Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Good
Finish: Glass fleck
Overall impression: Very pretty finish, sheer formula, awesome colour.
Buy again: Yes


2 comments:

  1. Although it has very sheer formula I really like it a lot! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great effect and colour, isn't it!? I really like it too :)

      Delete