Sunday, December 28, 2014

Glittering Elements ~ Hidden Oasis



Glittering Elements ~ Hidden Oasis
Teal packed with golden shimmer and holo effect

When I can’t decide on what to wear on my nails, I often ask my boyfriend to pick a random colour. Today he picked green, and I was sure that Hidden Oasis was green until I actually got it onto my nails. Now I’m not so sure.

Let me show you what I’m talking about in a minute. The formula is good and easy to work with. It took two coats to make this opaque and the drying time between the coats is good.

The colour on my nails wasn’t really green though, more teal. It turns out that the golden shimmer mixed with the teal tricked me into believing that the polish was actually green. Funny that!

Here’s what it looks like; two coats and no topcoat:


Pretty shimmer, yes? I know I like it!


Here’s an intentionally blurred picture to show off the holo goodness:


Here’s a low light picture. All the shimmer almost look like microflecks!


I stamped swirls on it. I used a motif from the stamping plate Q-Girl010 and I stamped with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri  “Whirlwind White”. I love that for stamping.

Here’s my final mani:


And a low light shot:


I really like Hidden Oasis, even though it tricked me into believing it was green! :D


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Pretty good
Durability: Good
Removal: No worries
Overall impression: Great colours and I love the mix of holo and shimmer!
Buy again: Yes

13 comments:

  1. I use the "ask my husband" trick too :)
    This definitely is a "you" color, and the stamping completes it well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nice stamping image! It does indeed look quite green in the bottle! It's such a beautiful nail polish :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's weird how a polish almost can change colour when it gets onto the nails, isn't it :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I'm also using the "ask my husband" trick from time to time :D
    Love the color and the nail art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice trick, even though he sometimes come up with a colour I'm not in the mood for, hahaha! :D

      Delete
  5. Nice colour and I like the stamping :-)

    If I ask mine, he'd always say Wine Red by Max Factor or Ruby Pumps by China Glaze ;-)

    ReplyDelete