Monday, August 13, 2018

Color Club ~ Beg, Borrow and Steel


Color Club ~ Beg, Borrow and Steel
Silver/steel linear holo with a metal finish

“Beg, Borrow and Steel” is the second polish I show you from Color Club’s new “Halo Chrome”-collection. It’s a collection of six polishes, of which I bought five. I’m going to show you all five of them, and I’m going to link to them all by the end of each post as I publish them.

The formula is good and I achieved full coverage is two coats. I was somewhat disappointed that these polishes don’t seem to be one coaters like lots of the other polishes in Color Club’s “Halo Hues”-collections were. I shall try and stamp with them to see if that would work. The drying time is really good.

I made a dark blue line down each nail and made some dots along the line. I used two P2 polishes for that: “Be my Guy” and “Rock it!”

Here’s my manicure photographed with flash.

Color Club ~ Beg, Borrow and Steel

And here’s a not very good picture of it in my lightbox. The “flatness” of the finish freaked my camera out and got rid of almost all details. But the finish is chrome.

Color Club ~ Beg, Borrow and Steel

Here’s “Beg, Borrow and Steel” alone; two coats and no topcoat in the sunshine. I love the rainbows!

Color Club ~ Beg, Borrow and Steel

Here are the three polishes I used.


Color Club: Beg, Borrow and Steel; P2: Be my Guy and Rock it!
Color Club: Beg, Borrow and Steel; P2: Be my Guy and Rock it!


Conclusion: I love this in the sunshine. I think I need a bit more decoration for everyday use because the finish is a bit “flat”. But it is a great base polish for sure.

Here are the links to the other polishes in the collection. The links will show up as I publish the posts.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really fast
Finish: Linear holo with a chrome finish
Overall impression: Great formulas and rainbows

Buy again: Yes


2 comments: