Monday, July 8, 2019

Claire's ~ Blue Sand


Claire's ~ Blue Sand
Turquoise texture

Today I was in the mood for something bright. I picked a turquoise polish from Claire's. I'm hardly ever wearing textured polishes without adding topcoat - and I did add topcoat today as well.

I used two layer of "Blue Sand". The drying time is average.

I added a wide stripe of raspberry red down the middle of each nail, I used Colors by Llarowe's stamping polish "The Heart Bleeds" for that. Then I added a thinner lilac stripe down the middle of the raspberry red stripe; I used El Corazón's stamping polish "Lavender" for that.

I finished the whole thing off with a layer of topcoat. Here's what my nails ended up looking like.

Claire's ~ Blue Sand

I originally planned to make thinner stripes and more of them, but this is what I went with.

Claire's ~ Blue Sand

This is "Blue Sand" alone; two coats and no topcoat.

Claire's ~ Blue Sand

I used these polishes today.


Do you like this rather unusual colour combination? I'm not quite sure myself :D



Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Average
Finish: Textured
Overall impression: Cool colour, rather rough texture, average drying time
Buy again: No

2 comments:

  1. I like the colour, but the texture seems too "rough" for me... it definitely changes with top coat :-)

    ReplyDelete