Monday, March 16, 2020

Sephora Formula X ~ Solar Flare


Sephora Formula X ~ Solar Flare
Described as a pink micro-glitter in sheer strawberry

Solar Flare has been waiting for quite a while to shine but today is the day!

I don't know why they would describe the formula as sheer because it isn't. The formula is actually quite good and really easy to work with and it covers very well. I used two coats for full opacity and the drying time is good.

I had originally planned to make three vertical line of dots down each nail, but after having made three dots on the first nail I decided that it was enough. So I made three dots on every nail and topped it with Orly's holo glitter topper "Shine On Crazy Diamond".

Here's the final result.

Sephora Formula X ~ Solar Flare

I really like this, both the colour, the effect and the simple line of dots on the nails.

Sephora Formula X ~ Solar Flare

Here's "Solar Flare" alone; two coats and no topcoat yet.

Sephora Formula X ~ Solar Flare
Sephora Formula X: Solar Flare

And here are the polishes I used today:

Sephora Formula X: Solar Flare; El Corazón stamping polish: White; Orly: Shine On Crazy Diamond
Sephora Formula X: Solar Flare; El Corazón stamping polish: White;
Orly: Shine On Crazy Diamond

It's a shame that Sephora stopped making the Formula X series of polishes because they were really nice. They were way too pricey though so I only bought mine on holidays and on special.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Shimmer
Overall impression: Great formula, colour and effect. I like it!
Buy again: Yes

2 comments: