Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Essence: It Wasn't Me!


Essence: It Wasn't Me!
Greyish base with purple microglitter, textured

"It Wasn't Me" is from Essence's "Good Girl Bad Girl" collection, which I believe is from 2015. It says "Glitter Effect" on the sticker on the lid, and that apparently means that it's a textured polish as well.

The formula is good and easy to work with. I used two coats for my nails today. The drying time was average.

The colour is leaning too grey to be my colour, so I added a coral coloured stamp to it. The stamping design is from the stamping plate "BeautyBigBang XL-017". I stamped with Colour Alike's stamping polish "Tainted Love".

Here's the final result, including a layer of topcoat.

Essence: It Wasn't Me!
Essence: It Wasn't Me!

I like the stamp on this.

Essence: It Wasn't Me!
Essence: It Wasn't Me!

This is "It Wasn't Me!" alone, two coats alone and no topcoat yet.

Essence: It Wasn't Me!
Essence: It Wasn't Me!

This is the stuff I used today.


"It Wasn't Me" isn't me at all. The formula and the effect is good, but the colour isn't spot on for me. It's was more grey on the nails than it looks in the bottle.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Average
Finish: Glitter/texture
Overall impression: Nice effect and formula
Buy again: No

2 comments: