Friday, January 17, 2020

The Box of Shame: Anny ~ Blue Bikini Girl


The Box of Shame: Anny ~ Blue Bikini Girl
Sky blue shimmer

I have bought a lot of polish over the years. I haven't kept all of them; I have sold some and I have given some of them away. There's a stop between the box of untrieds and the Helmer: The Box of Shame.

The Box of Shame contains polishes that I've decided not to keep. I may not like the colour or the formula, I may not like the finish - or perhaps the polish just doesn't wow me.

The polishes in the Box of Shame are either sold or given away, and sometimes a polish end up in the box by mistake. Those polishes often sit in the box for a very long time because I don't have the heart to get rid of them. Today I decided to pull a specific polish out of the box - Anny's "Blue Bikini Girl". I think it has been sitting in the box for five years, and every time I've opened the box to get rid of polishes from there - this polish has managed to stay. I can't remember why it ended there in the first place to be honest.

So here's a revival of a very pretty blue polish. The formula is good and easy to work with. I used two coats for full opacity and the drying time is good.

The stamp is from a stamping plate that I don't intend to keep either: "Bundle Monster + YaGala BM-XL208". It's a plate full of lovely designs, but they're unfortunately too big for my relatively small nails. Today I used the design that makes most sense on my nails.

I topped the whole thing with P2's holo microglitter topper: "Just Fantastic".

Here's the final result:

Anny ~ Blue Bikini Girl

I think this is quite pretty.

Anny ~ Blue Bikini Girl

This is "Blue Bikini Girl" alone; two coats and no topcoat yet. It is indeed a pretty blue, isn't it!?

Anny ~ Blue Bikini Girl
Anny ~ Blue Bikini Girl

Here are the things I used today.


So - do you also have a Box of Shame, or what do you do with polishes that doesn't quite wow you?


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Metallic shimmer
Overall impression: Great colour and formula, nice effect
Buy again: Yes

4 comments:

  1. Great post, Thanks for sharing, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup sure is a lovely blue - I like it a lot and lovely stamping too!

    I really don't have the heart to get rid of any polish - unless they have dried up :-( or used up! Most bummers I keep, it is part of the collection for me lol!

    ReplyDelete