Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Morgan Taylor: Electric Remix

Morgan Taylor: Electric Remix
Baby blue packed with golden shimmer


"Electric Remix" is from Morgan Taylor's MTV Switch On Color collection from Summer 2020. There are 6 shimmering polishes in the collection. I bought four of them. There will be links to the other polishes by the end of each post.

The formula of "Electric Remix" is good. It's easy to work with. I used three coats for my nails today. I could have got away with two coats if I wasn't a blogger with a camera that picks up details that can't been seen with the naked eye. The drying time is good.

I made it into a nail vinyl gradient. I used a yellow and an orange stamping polish from El Corazón for my gradient.

I topped it all with "Northern Lights", a gorgeous holo glitter topper from Out The Door.

Here's the end result in the sun:

Morgan Taylor: Electric Remix
Morgan Taylor: Electric Remix


The polish is blue in the bottle but looks more green on the nails because of the golden shimmer.

Morgan Taylor: Electric Remix
Morgan Taylor: Electric Remix

 

Here's "Electric Remix" alone. The shimmer is really gorgeous. This is 3 coats and a layer of topcoat.

Morgan Taylor: Electric Remix
Morgan Taylor: Electric Remix

 

This is the stuff I used today.

 

 

Here are links to the three other polishes in the collection:

Total Request Red - a candy apple red with gold shimmer

Ultimate Mixtape - a rich, warm purple with gold shimmer

Live Out Loud - a deep magenta with gold shimmer

 

Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Good
Finish: Heavy shimmer
Overall impression: Really pretty colour and awesome shimmer. Great formula.
Buy again: Yes

4 comments:

  1. OMG how great does that look on its own! And love the final mani too :-D <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty colour and shimmer and absolutely stunning the contrast between the base colour and stamping polishes colour! :-)

    ReplyDelete