Saturday, January 16, 2021

Morgan Taylor: Total Request Red

Morgan Taylor: Total Request Red
A candy apple red with gold shimmer


"Total Request Red" is the fourth and lasst polish in my little blog-series of Morgan Taylor's MTV Switch On Color collection from Summer 2020. There are 6 shimmering polishes in the collection. I bought four of them. There will be links to the other polishes by the end of each post.

The formula of "Total Request Red" is great. It's so easy to work with. The coverage is great too, and I used two coats for my nails. The drying time is good.

I stamped on it. The design is from the stamping plate "Born Pretty-French-L001". I found an old silver glitter striper from Essence called "More Than Silver", with which I made a stripe diagonally on each nail, to frame the design.

Here's the end result in the sun:

Morgan Taylor: Total Request Red
Morgan Taylor: Total Request Red


Here is a picture under a lamp too to show how intense the shimmer is.

 

Morgan Taylor: Total Request Red
Morgan Taylor: Total Request Red

 

Here's "Total Request Red" alone. The shimmer is absolutely gorgeous. This is 2 coats and no topcoat yet.

 

Morgan Taylor: Total Request Red
Morgan Taylor: Total Request Red

 

This is "Total Request Red" under a lamp.

 

Morgan Taylor: Total Request Red
Morgan Taylor: Total Request Red

 

Here are the polishes and the stamping plate I used today.

 

 

I saved the best for the last post. "Total Request Red" is my favourite of the four polishes I bought. It's absolutely beautiful.

 

Here are links to the three other polishes in the collection:

Ultimate Mixtape - A rich, warm purple with gold shimmer

Live Out Loud - Deep magenta with gold shimmer

Electric Remix - A baby blue packed with golden shimmer

 

Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Heavy shimmer
Overall impression: Really great formula, amazing shimmer, gorgeous polish

Buy again: Yes

6 comments: