Friday, November 23, 2018

Born Pretty stamping plate Christmas L001 and topper “Star Girl”


Born Pretty stamping plate Christmas L001 and topper “Star Girl”

Today I'm going to try a couple of festive things: A stamping plate and a flakie topper.

Let’s start with the gorgeous duochrome flakie topper.

It’s quite common for bloggers to layer toppers over black to show off the effect. I didn’t, because I don’t really wear black as a rule. So I layered it over a deep pink metallic polish.

Look how pretty it is.


You can see the pretty shifty flakies in the bottle here. I really like it.


That brings me to the festive stamping plate. It’s called Christmas-L001 and it looks like this.



This is how my nails ended up looking.


I had a bit of a struggle with the outline of the snowman. The lines were so thin that I had to try several of my black stamping polishes before I vaguely got it to work. The lines were so thin that I couldn’t actually see what I was doing, that’s why the outline doesn’t quite fit the snowman.

Another thing is the size of the images. I really like the two bow designs on the plate but they were too small for my nails, and I don’t even have long or big nails. I was somewhat disappointed!

Other than that, the plate worked great. 


Here are the things I used to do my nails today.


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful manicure! I also have some nice stamping plates with very thin lines and it's annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I had to use a different stamping polish to make it work. O_o

      Delete
  2. The manicure is wonderful also without stamping! Smuack

    ReplyDelete
  3. This time also you started early with Christmas manicures, so I'm not alone :-) Very nice manicure and the topper too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I'm not that great with nails that match the season, mostly because I do want I'm in the mood for :D

      Delete