Saturday, November 10, 2018

Kiko Power Pro ~ #159


Kiko Power Pro ~ #159
Dark red/brown packed with golden shimmer

Most of you should know by now that I am a sucker for shimmer polishes. Sometimes I even fall for polishes that aren’t strictly my colours, just because they have a pretty shimmer.

It’s like that with #159. The shimmer in it is amazing! The polish itself is also really pretty, but honestly: It’s a bit too brown for me. I can still appreciate it’s prettiness though.

I applied two easy coats for full opacity and the drying time was really good. I haven’t got a photo of #159 on its own, because I applied a star by the base of each nail while the second layer of polish was still wet. I wanted a bit more bling, so I added glitter as well. I dapped a bit of CrowsToes’ “Bad Catholic” onto each nail. “Bad Catholic” is a mix of metallic gold, purple and emerald green glitter and the bottle is so loaded with glitter that I had to be careful to just get a bit of the glitter onto the nails.

When that was all dry, I applied a layer of topcoat over it all and my manicure was done.

Here’s the result in daylight:

Kiko Power Pro ~ #159

And here is the same thing in the lightbox to show off the pretty glitter.

Kiko Power Pro ~ #159

And here are the two polishes I used. You can see on the picture how packed the Kiko is with shimmer; it’s amazing.


I love both these polishes!


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Shimmer
Overall impression: Great shimmer and shine. Good quality, I like it.
Buy again: Yes

2 comments: