Monday, September 23, 2019

Blueness ~ #111


Blueness ~ #111
Purple linear holo

Today I'm wearing a really pretty purple polish with holographic goodness - at least to begin with.

The formula is really tricky because the polish dries wickedly fast. The first coat came on patchy and streaky no matter how hard I worked, and the second coat didn't make up for all the irregularities. I ended up using 3 coats and there were still places where it could have used a fourth coat.

The stripes are from the stamping plate "Nicole Diary-L04". I stamped with El Corazón's stamping polish "Blue Neon".

I topcoated it all and that made the polish change colour completely. The polish went from blue toned purple with lots of rainbows to a red toned purple with almost no rainbows. How odd!

Here's the end result, including a layer of topcoat. The photo is taken in the sun.

Blueness ~ #111

I took this photo with flash to make sure that I got just a few rainbows on the photo.

Blueness ~ #111

Here's Blueness' #111 alone; three coats and no topcoat. Look at how the colour is completely different.

Blueness ~ #111
Blueness ~ #111

These are the things I used today.


I really like the colour and the finish of #111 from Blueness; both before and after topcoat. I didn't like the weird formula of the polish though.



Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Really fast
Finish: Linear holo, polish dries up semi matte
Overall impression: Very tricky formula
Buy again: No

1 comment: