Sunday, September 22, 2019

Color Club ~ Slay the Day


Color Club ~ Slay the Day
Berry coloured textured polish with microglitter

"Slay The Day" is from the recent part of Color Club's "Star Studded" collection. It's a berry coloured textured polish with lots of microglitter in it. The polish dries up matte and glittery at the same time.

The formula is on the sheer side. I used three coats for my manicure to make it look the best. The drying time was average.

I added a layer of W7's topper "Atlantis", which is a blue-ish shimmer topper! It's not super prominent, but it's gorgeous nonetheless.

I made two blue lines on each nail with El Corazón's stamping polish "Nephritis". I made dots with Color by Llarowe's stamping polish "Lilac Petals" and El Corazón's stamping polish "st-matte-106".

Here's the whole thing including a layer of topcoat. This is photographed in the sun.

Color Club ~ Slay the Day

I quite like the result of this.

Color Club ~ Slay the Day

This is "Slay The Day" alone; three coats and no topcoat.

Color Club ~ Slay the Day
Color Club ~ Slay the Day

Here's three coats of Color Club's "Slay The Day", topped with a layer of W7's "Atlantis". Isn't this a pretty combination?

Color Club ~ Slay the Day
Color Club ~ Slay the Day with W7 ~ Atlantis

Here is the stuff I used today.


I'll be honest with you: "Slay The Day" doesn't wow me; it's pretty with the shimmer topper though.


Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Average
Finish: Textured matte microglitter
Overall impression: Pretty but it doesn't really wow me
Buy again: No

4 comments: