Saturday, October 15, 2022

Lint rolling “tool” for stamping

Someone is stealing my blog content. If you're not reading this on http://rainbowifyme.blogspot.com/ you're participating in a stolen blog. Click on the link to go to my genuine blog, thank you. 

*

Lint rolling “tool” for stamping

I thought I’d post about a tool I use when I stamp, namely a lint roller.

I clean the stamper head itself by pressing it against a lint roller. It’s the easiest and most mess-free way to clean the stamper. It’s also gentle and doesn’t ruin it.

Usually I just place the lint roller on the table and then turn it a bit as the sheets get full of excess stamping polish. Recently I’ve seen that it’s possible to buy a lint roller in a box so the roller is protected from dust. Also it seems very smart that you don’t have to place the roller itself on your table.

I bought mine in Shein  and here’s what it looks like when it’s closed:

Lint Roller


And here it is when it’s halfway open.

Lint Roller


And here it’s open all the way.

Lint Roller


I love the idea and it definitely has potential – but does it actually work?
The short answer is: Not really. I mean – it does the job as you can see. It does remove the excess stamping polish from the stamper. But the problem is that you have to put a finger on the roller to keep it from rolling. The tool is missing a break so it doesn't roll when you press your stamper against it.

Is that a big deal? Well, to me it is. I don’t necessarily have extra hands or fingers to do more stuff when I stamp. I usually also have liquid latex around my cuticles when I stamp and that tends to stick to the lint roller. You can see it on the next photo – the latex gets pulled of the cuticles before it’s time and that’s annoying.

Lint Roller


So all in all – I’ll keep using it for a while and see if I get used to it. But I do honestly love the old method with the roller on the table more.

How do you clean your stamper? Have you tried this lint roller?

4 comments:

  1. I have a simple lint roller that I buy in my local supermarket and it works perfectly, so I'll stich to it :-) Yes, sometimes it can be very messy all around during stamping, so more simple the lint roller is - better! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll go back to the simple lint roller as well :)

      Delete
  2. When I stamped, I did have a lint roller I used to clean the stamper, just a basic one that has a plastic sheet to wind around and cover it when not in use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I used too, and will go back to now :)

      Delete