Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Essence ~ Step Into Magic Wonderland collection


Essence ~ Step Into Magic Wonderland collection
Three “melted chrome” nail polishes

Today I’m wearing three different polishes! They’re all from the “Step Into Magic Wonderland”-trio and I got them all from a sweet friend of mine. I love the colours so I wanted to wear them all at the same time.

The formula is good and easy to work with. I used two coats for my manicure, but you can get away with one if you’re not a nail blogger.

The polishes are:

01 Elfin Whispers – a lovely purple
02 Pink Dreams Are Made Of This – a very pretty pink
04 Beat the Winter Blues – a medium toned blue

Here’s what it all ended up looking like – including a layer of topcoat.


I think the colours go perfectly together.


The polishes doesn’t dry up super shiny which I expected from polishes marketed as “melted chromes”. But never mind, they are pretty, all three of them.

I also want to mention something funny. I’ve read a couple of times that certain blue pigments smell different than other colours of pigment. I now know that it’s true. The blue smells very odd compared to the other two that just smell of nail polish. It’s not particularly bad, it’s just an odd smell. Fortunately it doesn’t bother me at all, I just thought I’d mention it :D


Here are the three polishes I used:


Essence ~ Step Into Magic Wonderland collection
Essence ~ Step Into Magic Wonderland collection

Thanks to my lovely friend for buying me pretty polishes!


Number of coats: 2. You can get away with 1 if you’re not a nail blogger
Drying time: Very good
Finish: Metallic
Overall impression: I like the formula and the drying time. The colours are really nice and I wouldn’t be surprised if they stamp too.
Buy again: Yes to all three of them

10 comments: