Monday, October 8, 2018

Glisten & Glow ~ Wench’s Wardrobe and Parrot’s Parlay


Glisten & Glow ~ Wench’s Wardrobe and Parrot’s Parlay
Described as Blackened purple navy holo and Coral red linear holographic

These two polishes are both from the Pirate's Booty Autumn 2016 Collection.

I combined them and made them into a kitchen sink manicure, because I haven’t done that for a while and I actually quite like manicures where all the nails are different.

Wench’s Wardrobe is supposedly a blackened purple. I see it as black with a purple flame – and Parrot’s Parlay is described as coral red, and I just see it as pink. Never mind, they’re both pretty :D

The formula is good, and I used two coats for full opacity. The drying time is good too.

Here’s what I did:

Pinkie: I placed a pink stud in wet topcoat
Ring finger: I added a water decal over white polish
Middle finger: I placed a black butterfly in wet topcoat
Pointer: I made stripes with the white and with Parrot’s Parley

I topcoated it all and here’s the final result taken with flash:

Glisten & Glow ~ Wench’s Wardrobe and Parrot’s Parlay

Here’s the little canvasses without the nail art. Both the black (purple) and the coral (pink) look good in my opinion.

Glisten & Glow ~ Wench’s Wardrobe and Parrot’s Parlay

Here are the things I used today.


None of these polishes are available anymore.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Linear holo
Overall impression: Good formula and drying time
Buy again: I don’t think so. The black is too dark for me and the pink is looking like something I’ve got heaps of :D

6 comments: