Sunday, June 7, 2020

Lilypad Lacquer: No Drama Queens Here


Lilypad Lacquer: No Drama Queens Here
Purple subtle linear holo

This polish has got a special history. "No Drama Queens Here" is a Facebook group custom and I think it was for sale in 2014. I loved Lilypad Lacquers before that - the polishes were great. Unfortunately there was quite a bit of drama amongst the fan girls. I usually stay clear of drama - I honestly don't need that in my life - but even I was involuntarily sucked momentarily into it. There was so much passive aggressiveness amongst some of the fans - it was really difficult even to look at it. When this Facebook group custom came out, the name was not revealed and everyone was told not to reveal the name before everybody had received their bottle. I received my bottle late because of the shipping time. And honestly: My heart sank when I saw the name. To me that was actually a passive aggressive way to add to the drama - even though it probably (and hopefully) wasn't the intension. So I just stuck the polish into the box of untrieds where it has been sitting ever since. It unfortunately oozed negative energy!

It can't sit there forever though and a long time has passed. I bought a couple of Lilypads after that but my love for the brand had faded. I guess it was a mix of the drama and the fact that the polishes often didn't match the photos colourwise. I hate it when that happens.

Anyway. Back to "No Drama Queens". The formula is good and the polish covers in two coats. The drying time is good.

The stamp is from the stamping plate "BP-L013" and I stamped with a stamping polish from El Corazón "Fuchsia".

Here's the final result.

Lilypad Lacquer: No Drama Queens Here
Lilypad Lacquer: No Drama Queens Here

I like the subtle stamping.

Lilypad Lacquer: No Drama Queens Here
Lilypad Lacquer: No Drama Queens Here

Here's "No Drama Queens" here. The rainbows are barely visible.

Lilypad Lacquer: No Drama Queens Here
Lilypad Lacquer: No Drama Queens Here

And here is the stuff I used today.


"No Drama Queens Here" were limited edition and is no longer available. I wouldn't have bought it if I had known the name beforehand.

Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Subtle linear holo
Overall impression: Pleasant colour, I wish the holo wasn't so subtle
Buy again: No

4 comments:

  1. I hate drama about such an unimportant things in our lives, I also try to stay away from it. The polish is pretty though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a nice polish but seems to have a bad background for what you said. I am at the age now where I cannot stand drama - what the heck is the point??????? I donno the background of this and am not on FB or any other social media. Seems to be so much drama on social medias!

    Least it has been blogged now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand the need some people have for drama either and I do try to stay clear of it. ♥

      Delete