Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Essence ~ Take Me To Heaven

Essence ~ Take Me To Heaven
Baby blue with a super subtle shimmer

Let move back to Essence’s new collection of polishes called “Shine, Lase & Go! Gel nail polish”. The polishes do not require a lamp to dry, they dry like ordinary polish.

I bought six of them until now and today I’m wearing the third one of them: “Take Me To Heaven”. It’s a baby blue polish with an ever so subtle shimmer. I can see it in the bottle but it doesn’t transfer onto the nails.

The formula is good and I used two coats for full opacity. The polish is not self-levelling, so I wouldn’t wear this one without a topcoat to even everything out.  The drying time is really good.

I made random glittery stripes on it because I was in a glittery kind of mood. The glittery polishes are both from Girly Bits. The blue one is called “Star Spangled” and the magenta one is called “Personal Hotspot”.

Here’s the final manicure, including topcoat.

Essence ~ Take Me To Heaven

I like the randomness of the stripes but I can see on the pictures that I should have gone over a couple of the stripes more than once. Oh well, it shows way more on the photos than it did in real life.

Essence ~ Take Me To Heaven

This is “Take Me To Heaven” alone; two coats no topcoat.

Essence ~ Take Me To Heaven
Essence ~ Take Me To Heaven

Here are the polishes I used today.


This polish is great as a base for cool nail art, I really like it! I wish the shimmer wasn’t so subtle though.



Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Subtle shimmer
Overall impression: Great quality and colour, not self-levelling  
Buy again: Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment