Thursday, May 9, 2019

Different Dimension ~ Dazzling

Different Dimension ~ Dazzling
Chartreuse shimmer polish with color contrasting aurora shimmers, magnetic

Dazzling is another one of the six polishes in the "You Are Beautiful" collection from Winter 2018/2019. I bought the entire collection and will post a link to the others by the end of each post.

I wouldn't normally have picked "Dazzling" for a couple of reasons. Gold isn't my best colour and I must admit that magnetic polishes isn't a big hit with me. I haven't quite got the hang of it, so I'm hardly ever impressed with the effect.

The formula is really good though and the polish covers well. I used two coats for full opacity and I did hoover the magnet over the still wet polish between coats. The drying time was good.

I made red and yellow dots on it. I used two Essence polishes for the dots: A dark red called "Do You Speak Love?" and a yellow called "Mrs. Brightside". I topcoated it all to seal it up.

Here's the final result.

Different Dimension ~ Dazzling

I think the red and yellow dots look quite nice on the chartreuse base colour.

Different Dimension ~ Dazzling

And here's Dazzling on its own; two coats and no topcoat. The polish is packed with shimmer, but I wasn't able to get much of the magnetic effect to show itself.

Different Dimension ~ Dazzling
Different Dimension ~ Dazzling

These are the things I used today. The magnet came with the set of polishes.


Here are links to the other polishes in the "You Are Beautiful"-collection:



Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Shimmer, magnetic
Overall impression: Interesting finish, nice shimmers, not really my colour
Buy again: No, but that's not the polish's fault

No comments:

Post a Comment