Friday, August 7, 2020

OPI: Morning Moneypenny - revisited


OPI: Morning Moneypenny - revisited
Burgundy magnetic polish with holo microglitter

It's 6 years ago I wore "Morning Moneypenny" last. It's part of the OPI Skyfall James Bond Collection. The polish had landed in my box of untrieds - so I decided to wear it today, even though I've already worn it. It's good to show the older polishes some love as well.

The formula is good and easy to work with. The polish looks a bit dull when applied, but the microglitter helps a lot.

Since this polish reminds me of a burgundy galaxy, I decided to add some more glitter. First I sponged on a bit of China Glaze's "50 Shimmering Years", and then a bit of Golden Rose's more chunky glitter from the Jolly Jewels collection, #108.

Here's the final manicure, including a layer of topcoat.

OPI: Morning Moneypenny

I really like the dreamy look of this.

OPI: Morning Moneypenny

This is "Morning Moneypenny" alone, two coats and no topcoat. I like the holographic microglitter.

OPI: Morning Moneypenny
OPI: Morning Moneypenny

 And here's the lot of polishes I used, including the magnet I used.


I'm not a huge fan of magnetic polishes, but I think this is pretty. I especially like the final result.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Magnetic with holo microgliter
Overall impression: Nice formula, good coverage, okay magnetic effect
Buy again: Not quite sure

2 comments:

  1. Looks okay, not had a magnetic on in like forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't own many magnetics. The first ones I bought didn't work very well for me :/

      Delete