Saturday, August 8, 2020

The Box of Shame: BB Couture: Sea Of Cortez


The Box of Shame: BB Couture: Sea Of Cortez
Seablue jelly base with glitter

There are many reasons for a polish to end up in my Big Box of Shame. Either the colour doesn't quite wow me, the finish isn't quite right or perhaps the formula isn't amazing. When you've got as many polishes as I've got, then you only want to hold on to the amazing ones.

"Sea Of Cortez" looks amazing in the bottle. It's blue and has got some really gorgeous microglitter in it. So why is it in the Box of Shame? It's seven years ago that I actually wore it, so I can't quite remember. Looking back on the blog post I wrote back then, it sounds as if it was the formula that was the problem. The formula is both thin and sheer - not a great combination for me.

I used three coats for my nails today, which brought me full coverage. The drying time is on the slow side.

I added blue and white heart nail stickers and finished it all with topcoat.

Here's the final result.

BB Couture: Sea Of Cortez
BB Couture: Sea Of Cortez

I must admit that this polish is absolutely gorgeous.

BB Couture: Sea Of Cortez
BB Couture: Sea Of Cortez

Here's "Sea Of Cortez" alone, three coats and a layer of fast drying top coat to help with the slow drying time.

BB Couture: Sea Of Cortez
BB Couture: Sea Of Cortez

Here it is alone, with the stickers almost invisible in the background.

BB Couture: Sea Of Cortez
BB Couture: Sea Of Cortez

Okay, I admit, the polish itself is gorgeous. I love the glitter and the colour. I am not crazy about the three coats and especially not because the drying time isn't amazing.

I'm not sure, so please help me: Should "Sea Of Cortez" go back into the Box of Shame or not?


Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Slow
Finish: Jelly with microglitter
Overall impression: Great colour and finish, formula not so great
Buy again: No

6 comments:

  1. It's so pretty. I'm weak when it comes to pretty, so I'd keep it out of the box ... that's what QDTC is for :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a pity that it needs three coats, also I don't like so many coats, but it's worth the efforts! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is worth it, isn't it. I think it's really pretty :)

      Delete