Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Christmas nails, 8th of December

8th of December - we are now one third into my Christmas calendar of manicures. I can't believe how fast time flies!

Today's manicure didn't quite turn out the way I imagined. But like I've said before: I also post my failed attempts here. It is a learning curve after all!


Anyway, I went for deep purple and glitter. The white blops by the base of my nails are supposed to look like stars. My striper brush was a bit too thick though so I painted glitter over them to help them look more like stars. That didn't help at all, haha.

Here they are:

Christmas nails
 
The deep purple is from Bourjois and is called "Bleu Violet". I used two coats as the base.

The glitter is "Southern Lights" from Models Own.

The white is a striping polish from Maybelline. I thinned the brush in the striper down to half after this.

 

Christmas nails

I like the idea of this way more than I liked the outcome. But oh well, you can't win them all, now can you?

 

Christmas nails
 
Here are all the polishes I used today.


Bourjois Bleu Violet, Models Own Southern Lights, Maybelline White Stripes

Bourjois Bleu Violet, Models Own Southern Lights, Maybelline White Stripes



 

I think I'm going to redo these nails later, maybe with another base colour. I really want this manicure to work.

7 comments:

  1. "Bleu Violet" is very pretty, one of my favourite colours, and "Southern Lights" is a gorgeous glitter! :-) I like your manicure even if you consider it a fail (but it's not), and I'm looking forward to see your second attempt, maybe if you try to use a thinner nail art brush you will get neater snowflakes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I think it looks nice too :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate you sharing the manis that didn't turn out as you'd hoped! We're none of us perfect. :)

    That glitter is perfection to me, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided to share my good and not so good manicures because this is also a learning space :)
      So thank you :)

      Delete