Saturday, December 26, 2020

Dark Blond: Auqua Marine - revisited

Dark Blond: Auqua Marine - revisited
Mint green crème


I was in the mood to wear mint green. I had a look in the Helmers to find a polish that met that mood. I ended up with "Auqua Marine" from Dark Blonde. It's been over four years since I wore that last. So many polishes, so few fingernails, right?

Anyway, I should have checked out my own blog before I started to apply it because the formula is tricky. It's streaky on the first coat but what's even worse: It's not self-levelling. It covers in two coats, but I tried adding a third coat to see if it helped with the self-levelling, but it didn't. So I'd say that two coats is enough. The drying time is average.

I added a coat of holo glitter topper from Monki called "Silvered".

I really like white on mint green so I added white flower stickers.

Here's the final result, including a layer of topcoat. 



Dark Blond: Auqua Marine
Dark Blond: Auqua Marine

 

Isn't this pretty?

 

Dark Blond: Auqua Marine
Dark Blond: Auqua Marine

 

There's no picture  of "Auqua Marine" alone, because that has already been on the blog, here: http://rainbowifyme.blogspot.com/2016/08/dark-blond-auqua-marine.html

 

Dark Blond: Auqua Marine
Dark Blond: Auqua Marine

Here are the two polishes I used today.

 

Like I said: I would probably have chosen another polish if I had remembered the tricky formula of "Auqua Marine", because easy formulas are ... yes well... easier to work with :D Having said that: I'm happy I chose to wear this one anyway, because it is really pretty!

 

Number of coats: 3, but 2 is enough
Drying time: Average
Finish: Crème
Overall impression: Tricky non-self-levelling formula, great colour

Buy again: Hmmm, I'd definitely buy it for the colour! :)

6 comments:

  1. It's very pretty and delicate shade and the final manicure is very cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really nice :-D

    Ugg some days I struggle on what to wear haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I have the same problem - so many beautiful polishes and only 10 fingers ;-) This one is really pretty, that's a shame it's so difficult to work with.

    ReplyDelete