Saturday, May 30, 2020

A England: London Calling


A England: London Calling
Rose pink with added flaming holo

"London Calling" is a part of A England's Subcultures collection.

Here's what A England wrote about "London Calling":

This classic song by British punk-rock band The Clash is an apocalyptic, and politically-charged, rant featuring the band's signature post-punk sound that’s heavy on both electric guitars and vocals.

The title comes from the BBC World Service’s phrase “this is London calling...", which was used during WWII in broadcasts to occupied countries.

The polish didn't correspond well with my base coat and applied really patchy on the first layer. It's a shame because this polish is relatively thick and really well covering, so it has potential of being a one coater. I needed a second coat to even out the patchiness. The drying time is really good.

I dapped on a bit of white/silver glitter from Moyra called "Elise". Then I stamped flowers on top of it all. The flowers are from Born Pretty Store's stamping plate "Floral BPX-L002". I stamped with El Corazón's stamping polish "Midnight Tango".

I topped it all with topcoat to seal it up and here's my final manicure.

A England: London Calling

I think this is really pretty in the sunshine.

A England: London Calling

Here's "London Calling" alone; two coats and no topcoat. It has some really pretty rainbows.

A England: London Calling
A England: London Calling

And these are the things I used today.


This was a different experience for me. I love the polish in the bottle. I wasn't loving it when I applied it because it was so patchy. But once I actually wore it, I loved it again. 

Bonus: Here's the video that this polish was named after. The Clash: London Calling


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Linear holo
Overall impression: Nice colour and finish. I'm not crazy about the patchy formula
Buy again: Yes

4 comments: