Sunday, May 17, 2020

A England: Punk


A England: Punk
Bright green with flaming holo

This is what A England writes about the polish:

"The punk subculture emerged in the United Kingdom in the mid-1970s.
Mainly characterised by its anti-establishment views, the punk subculture is seen as a manifesto of individual freedom.

Punks are identified by their spiked hair that can be styled as a mohawk and sometimes even as magnificent butterflies either bleached or dyed in bright colours."

The formula of "Punk" is on the thick side but still very easy to work with. You can easily get away with just one coat of this green beauty! I used two coats though, but it honestly didn't make much of a difference with the second coat.

I made dots on it in white, yellow and orange. I used stamping polishes from El Corazón for the dots.

Here's the result in daylight, no sun,

A England: Punk

This is the same thing with flash. The holo isn't that prominent but the colour is really awesome.

A England: Punk

Here's a flash picture of "Punk" alone, two coats and no topcoat.

A England: Punk
A England: Punk

And this is the same thing in daylight. 

A England: Punk
A England: Punk

Here are all the polishes I used:

A England: Punk, El Corazón: White, Yellow, Orange Neon
A England: Punk, El Corazón: White, Yellow, Orange Neon

"Punk" is a great polish in many respects. I love the formula and the colour, I think it's a really gorgeous polish.


Number of coats: I used 2, but 1 was enough
Drying time: Good
Finish: Linear holo
Overall impression: Really nice formula and colour
Buy again: Yes

4 comments:

  1. "Punk" is definitely very pretty! Some of my favourite nail polishes are aEngland, I think my "all time favourite" could be one of the oldest aEngland polishes called "Tristam", I still have some drop of it and I love it! :-) Your final manicure is very cheerful and well done! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tristam is really gorgeous, I'm a fan of that one as well. I think that A England generally makes really good polishes.
      And thanks for the kind words :)

      Delete