Friday, May 29, 2020

Literary Lacquer: Rare Book Room


Literary Lacquer: Rare Book Room
Brown linear holo with added extra sparks

Today's polish was a part of a subscription box called "The Holo Grail", and was released in April 2014. That was a lovely subscription box because all of the polishes in the box were holographic. The only reason that "Rare Book Room" has been sitting in the box of untrieds for over six years is because it's brown. I love the brand Literary Lacquers and the holo effect of "Rare Book Room" is absolutely awesome. My only problem with the polish is that it's brown - which is not my favourite colour.

The formula is a crelly and I used three coats for full opacity. The drying time was really good.

I applied a butterfly sticker onto two of my nails and made two dots on the remaining three nails. Then I sealed it up with topcoat and took my photos.

Here's the final result.

Literary Lacquer: Rare Book Room
Literary Lacquer: Rare Book Room

I would have absolutely loved this polish if it had been any other colour than brown.

Literary Lacquer: Rare Book Room

Here is "Rare Book Room" alone, three coats. Look at those lovely rainbows.

Literary Lacquer: Rare Book Room
Literary Lacquer: Rare Book Room

And here are the things I used today. The gold that I used for the dots is El Corazón's stamping polish "Fragrant Mimosa".


"Rare Book Room" was limited edition and is no longer available.



Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Beautiful strong linear holo
Overall impression: Really nice rainbows. Not a fan of the colour.
Buy again: No, because it's brown

4 comments:

  1. I understand! Me and browns don't go well either! But this is a nice holo. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice, but well - it's brown... I'm also not a big fan of this color on my nails.

    ReplyDelete