Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Cupcake ~ Shut Your Tulips


Cupcake ~ Shut Your Tulips
Described as "a vibrant orange linear holo packed with super shiny silver shimmers,"

“Shut Your Tulips” was a part of the Holo Hookup box for April 2018. The theme of that box was “Tulips”. I’m going to show you all four polishes in the box over the next couple of days, and I’ll link to each post at the end of each blog post as I publish them.

The formula of “Shut Your Tulips” is really good and it’s close to being a one coater. I used two coats though and the drying time was really good.

I applied a couple of nail stickers from Kiko and made some small dots on the remaining nails. I sealed the whole thing up with topcoat, and this is my final manicure photographed in the sunshine.

Cupcake ~ Shut Your Tulips

This photo is taken in the lightbox. The colour is really intense.

Cupcake ~ Shut Your Tulips

Here’s “Shut Your Tulips” on its own; it’s two coats and no topcoat yet.

Cupcake ~ Shut Your Tulips

“Shut Your Tulips” isn’t my favourite of the box. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with the polish but the colour isn’t truly “mine”.

Links to the other polishes in the April 2018 Holo Hookup box:

Lacquester: Tulipazuli
Different Dimension: Tulip Mania


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Holo with shimmer
Overall impression: Good quality polish. Formula is good, great rainbows. Not quite my colour
Buy again: No

4 comments: