Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Essie ~ Lights


Essie ~ Lights
Bright pink crème

“Lights” is from Essie’s Summer 2012 “Poppy-Razzi” Collection. It’s a bright pink without being neon.

The formula is on the thin side and it almost covered in two coats. I did end up using three coats in order to be completely happy with it.

I decided to add glitter. I just bought a red glitter from Nails Inc called “Alexa Lace”. I don’t own many polishes from Nails Inc because they are so expensive but this one was on special and I only paid very little for it. I guess there’s not much of a market for a clear base with multisized red glitter in it.

I also made three orange dots on each nail. I used Color Club’s “Tangerine Scream” for that. I topped it all with topcoat.

Here is the final outcome in the late evening sun.

Essie ~ Lights

And this is “Lights” on its own; three coats and no topcoat. It doesn’t dry up super shiny.

Essie ~ Lights

These are the three polishes I used today.

Color Club: Tangerine Scream; Nails Inc: Alexa Lace; Essie: Lights
Color Club: Tangerine Scream; Nails Inc: Alexa Lace; Essie: Lights





Number of coats: 3. You can get away with two if you’re not a nail blogger
Drying time: Good
Finish: Creme
Overall impression: It’s a nice pink colour. The formula is a bit thin.
Buy again: No

3 comments: