Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Glisten & Glow ~ Kiss My Tulips


Glisten & Glow ~ Kiss My Tulips
Eggplant purple linear holographic with an inner pink glow

“Kiss My Tulips” was a part of the Holo Hookup box for April 2018 and the third one I’m showing on the blog. The theme of that box was “Tulips”. Tomorrow I’m going to show you the last polish of the box, and there are links to each polish at the end of each blog post as I publish them.

The formula of “Kiss My Tulips” is a bit streaky on the first coat. The second coat acts much better though and builds up to full opacity. The drying time is really good.

I freehanded some magenta with Models Own’s “Oval Plum” and made a silver holo line between the two colours with Color Club’s “Break It Up”.

Here’s the final result, including a layer of topcoat. The photo is taken in the sun.

Glisten & Glow ~ Kiss My Tulips

This photo is taken in the lightbox.

Glisten & Glow ~ Kiss My Tulips

And here’s “Kiss My Tulips” on its own; two coats and no topcoat. Isn’t that just a pretty colour?

Glisten & Glow ~ Kiss My Tulips

Here are the three polishes I used today.

Color Club: Break it Up; Models Own: Oval Plum; Glisten & Glow: Kiss My Tulips
Color Club: Break it Up; Models Own: Oval Plum; Glisten & Glow: Kiss My Tulips

 
This polish is so pretty on the nail, I like it!

Links to the other polishes in the April 2018 Holo Hookup box:

Different Dimension: Tulip Mania
Lacquester: Tulipazuli


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Linear holo
Overall impression: I was surprised over the streakiness of the first layer and was happy that the second coat was perfect. Good rainbows.
Buy again: Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment