Sunday, September 16, 2018

Sally Hansen ~ #406 Purple Heart

Sally Hansen ~ #406 Purple Heart
Lavender crème

I bought today’s polish in a sale recently. It’s a really pretty lavender. I know it’s too pale for me to wear on its own, but there’s obviously a solution for that – let me get back to that in a moment.

The formula is a bit on the thin side but it’s still good to work with. I used three coats for my manicure. I would have stopped after two coats if I wasn’t a nail blogger because I honestly don’t think that the human eye would have been able to tell the difference between two and three coats. My camera however… So three coats it was. Drying time is pretty good, no worries there.

The stamp is from the stamping plate BP-L050 and I stamped with El Corazón’s stamping polish “Raspberry Wine”. I topped it all with El Corazón’s holo flakie topper “421h/25” and then I sealed it all up with a layer of ordinary topcoat.

Here’s what it all ended up looking like in daylight:

Sally Hansen ~ #406 Purple Heart

I really dig this colour combination.

Sally Hansen ~ #406 Purple Heart

Here’s “Purple Heart” alone. This is three coats and no topcoat. Like I said, it’s two pale for me to wear on its own, but I really like it with the nail art.

Sally Hansen ~ #406 Purple Heart

Here are the things I used today.


I found this gem at half price. I love polish sales!



Number of coats: 3 but you can get away with 2 if you’re not a nail blogger
Drying time: Pretty good
Finish: Crème
Overall impression: Pleasant colour, thin-ish formula.
Buy again: Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment