Sunday, December 16, 2018

Gina Tricot ~ Shimmfudge

Gina Tricot ~ Shimmfudge
Copper/gold/brown slight duochromatic shimmer

Here’s the last little Gina Tricot polish that I bought this summer. It’s a copperish/brownish shimmer – not usually the colour I fall for. But I liked what it looked like in the bottle, so I decided to give it a go.

The formula is really good and the polish covered in two easy coats. The drying time is average.

I sponged a bit of glitter on the tips. I used an old indie for that, a bottle I got in a swap. The brand is “Mmm!” and there’s no name tag on it so I have no idea what the name of the polish is. It is a clear base with green and gold glitters, shimmers and hexes.

I topped the whole thing up with topcoat and took my photos.

It’s quite pretty, don’t you think?


And here’s “Shimmfudge” alone; it’s two coats and no topcoat yet. Look at that beautiful shimmer.

Gina Tricot ~ Shimmfudge
Gina Tricot ~ Shimmfudge

This photo is taken in the lightbox to see if I could photograph the duochrome effect but I wasn’t quite able to. 

Gina Tricot ~ Shimmfudge
Gina Tricot ~ Shimmfudge

Here are the polished I used:


Verdict: It’s definitely not my colour, but I love the formula and the effect. I think it’s a gorgeous polish.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Average
Finish: Shimmer and slightly duochrome
Overall impression: Good quality and great finish. Not quite my colour.
Buy again: Maybe

2 comments: