Monday, December 13, 2021

Christmas nails, 13th of December

Christmas nails, 13th of December

13th of December is St. Lucy's Day. Lucia was a young Sicilian girl who was martyred, killed for her faith, in 304. You can read her story in my blog post from last year here: https://rainbowifyme.blogspot.com/2020/12/christmas-nails-13th-of-december.html

I wanted to dedicate my nails to St. Lucy again this year, because I think it’s such a beautiful story – and I love that it symbolizes that there is always a light in the darkness.

I decided to use a polish from Different Dimension called “Always Look For Light In The Darkness”. It’s a polish that is
the result of a photo inspiration competition. The quest was to submit one of your photos and tell the story behind it. I won the competition with my photo – so it is actually my photo that was the inspiration for this polish – how cool is that?! The description is “Black jelly polish with red galaxy holographic microglitters and holographic microflakies”.

Here’s my galaxy nails in honour of St. Lucy:

Galaxy Nails for Christmas
Galaxy Nails for Christmas


I have used these polishes:

Base colour: Different Dimension Always Look For Light In The Darkness
Essence: Beam Me Up
Essence: Guardian Of The Unicorn
Catrice: Whatever You Are, Be Sparkling
Icing: Written In The Stars

Galaxy Nails for Christmas
Galaxy Nails for Christmas


I love this!

Galaxy Nails for Christmas
Galaxy Nails for Christmas


Here is “Always Look For Light In The Darkness”.

Different Dimension: Always Look For Light In The Darkness
Different Dimension: Always Look For Light In The Darkness


And here is the photo I won the photo inspiration contest with:



I submitted this text: “I took this picture a couple of weeks ago. It's a display of trees with red lamps under them. There is one thing I like about winter; and this picture represents it: There are always lights in the darkness”.

Here are the polishes I used today.


1 comment:

  1. I really love your photo :-D It does look good :-D

    And loving the nails. Good tribute :-D

    ReplyDelete