Sunday, December 26, 2021

CND Vinylux: Patina Buckle

Someone is stealing my blog content. If you're not reading this on http://rainbowifyme.blogspot.com/ you're participating in a stolen blog. Click on the link to go to my genuine blog, thank you. 

*

CND Vinylux: Patina Buckle
Dark pink with a strong blue shimmer, frosty finish

“Patina Buckle” is really hard to describe because it seems to have a different colour every time I look at it. It’s from The Craft Culture collection from Autumn 2016. I found it on special recently and ti was interesting enough to try.

The formula is really good and it took two coats to achieve desired opacity. The drying time is good.


I made dark purple and blue dots on it. The dots are made with El Corazón stamping polishes “Restless Night” and “Melody Mermaids”. I topped it all with Top Shelf Lacquer’s holo glitter topcoat “It’s Not What You Drink”.

This is the final result:

CND Vinylux: Patina Buckle


The dots were supposed to be diagonally in line. I didn’t quite succeed with that.

CND Vinylux: Patina Buckle


This is “Patina Buckle” alone; two coats and no topcoat.

CND Vinylux: Patina Buckle
CND Vinylux: Patina Buckle


And here are the polishes I used today:

CND Vinylux: Patina Buckle, El Corazón: Melody Mermaids and Restless Night, Top Shelf Lacquer: It’s Not What You Drink
CND Vinylux: Patina Buckle, El Corazón: Melody Mermaids and Restless Night,
Top Shelf Lacquer: It’s Not What You Drink


Hmm… I’m not really sure about this one. The colour is really weird but I do like the finish.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Strong shimmer, frosty finish
Overall impression: Good formula, interesting and unique colour
Buy again: Not quite sure

2 comments:

  1. It looks nice, I like it and the little iridescent shimmer too. I have a few like this. Something a bit different! And love the dots :-D They really pop out :-D

    ReplyDelete