Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Essence: My Highlighter

Someone is stealing my blog content. If you're not reading this on http://rainbowifyme.blogspot.com/ you're participating in a stolen blog. Click on the link to go to my genuine blog, thank you.

*

Essence: My Highlighter
Highlight yellow crème

I don’t wear yellow superoften but once in a while I’m in that kind of mood. Yellows are notoriously divas to apply – they certainly have their own lives.

The formula of “My Highligter” wasn’t quite as much of a diva as I expected. The first coat came on patchy and a bit streaky. The second coat did however even out most irregularites and I would have stopped after two coas if I wasn’t a blogger with a camera that picks up details that are invisible to the naked eye. So three coats is was. The drying time was good.

I asked my boyfriend to pick two colours that would go well with my yellow and after having given it a bit of thought he went with green and orange. I found a green Kiko and an orange H&M and he approved of the colours.

Then I made it into a brush stroke manicure with the green and the orange.

I topped it all with Nails Inc.’s golden holo glitter topper “Harper Road”.

This is the end result including a layer of topcoat.

Essence: My Highlighter
Essence: My Highlighter


I seriously love this outcome.

Essence: My Highlighter
Essence: My Highlighter


This is “My Highlighter” alone; three coats and no topcoat yet.

Essence: My Highlighter
Essence: My Highlighter



And here are the polishes I used:

Essence My Highlighter; Kiko Denim #463, H&M Lifejacket; Nails Inc. Harper Road
Essence My Highlighter; Kiko Denim #463, H&M Lifejacket; Nails Inc. Harper Road


These are the first photos that I made ready for the blog with Gimp instead of Photoshop. It wasn’t particularly easy but I am sure that I’ll get the hang of it relatively soon.


Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Good
Finish: Crème
Overall impression: Good formula, nice drying time, awesome colour
Buy again: Yes

 

6 comments:

  1. Great post!!! Thanks for sharing. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look good and glad it was okay to work with. Nice final mani. Never tried Gimp but heard people rave about it! Good luck sure you will pick it up quickly :-D Why did you change from PS to Gimp?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I really want to buy my software and not on a monthly basis. I have bought previous versions of PhotoShop and I like paying for the program at once and not month for month in a never ending story.

      Delete
  3. I'm sure that I wrote this before, yellow is the colour that I wear very rarely, but I really like the manicure that you created and it makes me wish to make something similar myself :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would look SO cool on you, so I encourage you to try it out :D

      Delete