Thursday, July 8, 2021

OPI: Gargantuan Green Grape

Someone is stealing my blog content. If you're not reading this on http://rainbowifyme.blogspot.com/ you're participating in a stolen blog. Click on the link to go to my genuine blog, thank you. 

---

OPI: Gargantuan Green Grape
Mint green crelly

"Gargantuan Green Grape" comes in two versions: A mint green version and a baby blue version. My version is the mint green one.

The formula is thin and a bit runny. The coverage is not fantastic and I ended with four coats. The drying time was good on coat number one and two, but slow on coat three and four.

I made green stripes on it with P2's "Artful". The I topped it with a holo glitter topper, namely Claire's "Magic Show".

Then I made a dotty flower by the base of each nail.

Here's the final result including a layer of topcoat.


OPI: Gargantuan Green Grape with nail art
OPI: Gargantuan Green Grape with nail art

I really like the end result.

OPI: Gargantuan Green Grape with nail art
OPI: Gargantuan Green Grape with nail art

Here's "Gargantuan Green Grape" alone; four coats and no topcoat yet.

OPI: Gargantuan Green Grape
OPI: Gargantuan Green Grape

Here are all the polishes I used today.



I really like the colour of "Gargantuan Green Grape", but the formula really lets it down. Life is definitely too short to sit and watch four coats of polish dry :D

Number of coats: 4
Drying time: It went from good to slow
Finish: Crelly
Overall impression: Pleasant colour, sheer, runny formula

Buy again: No

4 comments:

  1. It looks super pretty and love the mani. I have the matte version of this. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if the matte version covers better than the shiny one... :)

      Delete
  2. It's a pity for "runny" formula, the shade is really pleasant, perfect base for nail art :-) The final manicure is very very pretty, I like it a lot! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I also like the final result but four coats is too many for my patience :D

      Delete