Monday, February 22, 2021

OPI: V. I. Pink Passes

OPI: V. I. Pink Passes
Bubblegum pink crelly

"V. I. Pink Passes" is from the OPI Summer 2019 Neon collection. I have seen many swatches of this polish and they are pretty much all showing a more neon polish that my bottle is. Perhaps mine is faded, who knows.

Anyway - the formula is not easy to work with. It's patchy and sheer and I used three coats to make it look decent. The drying time is fortunately good. The polish dries up to a semi matte finish.

I topped it with a layer of Cupcake Polish's "Strawberry Icing", which is a red tinted linear holo topper. It's basically a holo topper made for red bases in order for the holo not to grey out the base colour. It's super smart.

I made two rows of dots on it. I used two holographic stamping polishes from Colors by Llarowe for the dots: A blue called "Turq'd" and a purple called "Lilac Petals".

Here's the final result:


OPI: V. I. Pink Passes

Isn't this just pretty?

OPI: V. I. Pink Passes

Here's three coats of OPI "V. I. Pink Passes" topped with one coat of Cupcake Polish "Strawberry Icing".

OPI: V. I. Pink Passes

Here's three coats of OPI "V. I. Pink Passes". The photo shows how the polish dries up semi matte.

OPI: V. I. Pink Passes
OPI: V. I. Pink Passes

Here are the polishes I used today.

Cupcake: Strawberry Icing, OPI: V. I. Pink Passes, Colors by Llarowe: Lilac Petals & Turq'd
Cupcake: Strawberry Icing, OPI: V. I. Pink Passes,
Colors by Llarowe: Lilac Petals & Turq'd

I'm not a fan of the formula of "V. I. Pink Passes" so I will definitely rehome it. It's a shame because it's a pretty colour even though it's not particularly neon.



Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Good
Finish: Crelly
Overall impression: The formula is patchy and sheer. Nice colour and drying time.
Buy again: No

5 comments:

  1. It is a nice pink and lovely mani :-D

    I googled it and see what you mean. Maybe it is the way they have taken the photo? That sometimes happens to me especially with the bluey purples!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may be because of the way they photographed it, but I really wanted it to be neon :D

      Delete
  2. I like "V. I. Pink Passes", it would be difficult to wear it alone on my nails, but it's an excellent base for nail art :-) I like it topped with "Strawberry Icing" and your dotticure is beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete