Monday, February 8, 2021

Pahlish: Selkie

Pahlish: Selkie
A soft plum base with dense multichrome shimmer that shifts from golden bronze to bright green


"Selkie" is part of the group custom "For The Love Of Polish" for August 2020. August's theme was "Mermaids".

The formula is good and so easy to work with. The polish almost applies itself. I used two coats for full opacity and the drying time is good.

I applied a water decal on my ring finger and my thumb. I topped it all with Depend's silver holo glitter #335.


Here's the final result including a layer of topcoat.

Pahlish: Selkie
Pahlish: Selkie


This is showing the shift of the polish.

Pahlish: Selkie
Pahlish: Selkie


Here's "Selkie" alone; two coats and no topcoat yet.

Pahlish: Selkie
Pahlish: Selkie


And here are the two polishes I used today.

Pahlish: Selkie
Pahlish: Selkie


"Selkie" is a great polish, the formula, coverage and drying time - they're all great. The colour isn't really a "me"-colour though. That's not the polish's fault.


Here are links to the two other polishes in August's FTLOP box:

Quixotic Polish: Atlantica

Polished For Days: Adella


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good

Finish: Multichrome shimmer

Overall impression: Great formula, coverage and drying time. The colour isn't really me.
Buy again: No, because of the colour

6 comments:

  1. It is okay, not really a colour I'd be drawn to. Cute decal :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, me neither. And yes, I also love the little decal :D

      Delete
  2. Not my kind of shade, but it looks nice with the topper! Hello Kitty is very cute :-)

    ReplyDelete