Saturday, July 14, 2012

LA Splash ~ Cosmic


LA Splash ~ Cosmic
Clear base packed with light blue and silver glitter

I’ve been in love with the brand L A Girl for a while, and when I saw there was a brand called LA Splash and that they actually made glitters, I just knew I had to try them. I bought four, of which this one is the first.

The formula was great and it covered perfectly and easily in two coats. It actually covered after the first coat, but it definitely adds to the colour depth if you add a second coat, so I can only recommend that. Drying time was not as fast as with some glitters, but definitely on the acceptable side.

Here is a picture of it taken in the sun, so you can really see the shine. There’s no top coat on this pic:


And here’s a pic from the light box. There’s one coat of Poshé top coat over the mani at this point. The polish dries up pretty gritty, and it takes two layers of top coat to smooth it out. I saved layer two till after the stamping…


I used a stamping plate from Red Angel called RA120, and I used a no name polish from Bornprettystore called “Suzy skis in the Pyrenees”, which is a deep, velvety purple with a suede finish.

Here is the finished mani, all sealed up with a generous coat of Poshé top coat.


How’s that? I think the purple and the light blue go quite well together.


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 6/10

Durability: 7/10
Value for money: 7/10
Overall: 7/10
Buy again: No

14 comments:

  1. Cosmic looks great and I love the mani with these little purple hearts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I really think it worked with the contrast of the hearts as well :)

      Delete
  2. This is a lovely combination. The little hearts give it that umpth xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I totally agree. However much I like glitter, this needed something to give a bit of contrast :)

      Delete
  3. It's a beautiful glitter - and the hearts look so sweet on top of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The glitter has now found a new home, where it hopefully will be appreciated just as much :) And thanks, I love the little hearts :)

      Delete
  4. It looks so pretty with the hearts! :)
    P.S. I know that Maria had already gave you this award, but I also give you "Por tu naturalidad" Award :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think so too.
      And thanks a lot!! That's really cool! :)

      Delete
  5. So gorgeous! And it goes so well with the purple. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not always I'm pleased with the colour combinations I end up with, but this time it really worked. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  6. Sluuurp en lækker glimmer lak :-P Og rigtig fint med hjerterne på!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you, I love hearts. And stars. And shiny things :)

      Delete