Saturday, July 21, 2012

Summer Challenge Day 11: Polka Dots


Summer Challenge Day 11: Polka Dots

There’s one good thing about these challenges – and that is that you have to change your manicure at least every other day. I like that. I have so many polishes that I want to wear, so that suits me perfectly!

I chose to wear some of my newest polishes for this challenge, namely two polishes I received in a swap with sweet Aylin from Posh Nail Art, namely Flormar 448 and 392.

Flormar 448 is a dark purple crème which is almost a one coater. I applied two anyway to make sure that there wasn’t bald spots that I had missed. The formula is great, the brush is good and the drying time is fine. The only really bad thing I can say about this polish is that is a total b*tch to photograph! I did my best, and these are as close to real life colourwise that they can be.

Two coats, no top coat:


Look at that shine, isn’t it just pretty!

For my polkadots I chose Flormar 392 which is a holographic silver glitter polish. It reminds me of Essence’s Hello Holo, if you know that one. Or a very dense and more holographic version of China Glaze’s Fairy Dust. I think I’m in love with this Flormar glitter!

I dotted vertically on all the nails, and topped it with a layer of my favourite top coat, Poshé.

Here’s the final result: 


And one more shot, just because I think it’s pretty.


The actual colour is right in between the two last pics.

What do you think? Is this a go or a no go? I really like it myself!!


You should also check out these other Danish girls’ blogs to see what they came up with for polka dotted nails. I'm sure they made something pretty!

Stay tuned the day after tomorrow - same bat time, same bat channel - for striped nails!

24 comments:

  1. It is a go! Love both polishes! :) and polka dots :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I'm pleased that you like it!

      Delete
  2. Love it! Especially the fact you chose to do your polka dots in a vertical line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple and lovely mani! Like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Simple is good, in my opinion :)

      Delete
  4. This looks gorgeous, I love how glossy the polish looks :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , and yes, it's amazingly glossy, even without a top coat :)

      Delete
  5. Ihh hvor fint, med de små "knapper" i midten :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tak! Jeg synes også selv, at det blev ret fedt :)

      Delete
  6. Wauw! Rigtig flot! Meget simpelt, men flot!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tak! De Flormar lakker er helt fantastiske til prisen :)

      Delete
    2. Hvor har du købt dem henne, og til hvilken pris?:)

      Delete
    3. Jeg har fået dem i en swap med en sød tyrkisk pige. De koster vist nok et par euro stykket :)

      Delete
  7. I also like this mani!!

    ReplyDelete