Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Summer Challenge Day 16: Tribal Print

Summer Challenge Day 16: Tribal Print

I had a really good idea to this mani, but everything kept going wrong, so I ditched that idea and will save it for later! But despite all my problems I still had to come up with a tribal print mani for today.

I started out with two coats of Ma.nish.ma’s “Bolts of Blue”, which is a very pretty turquoise, with a very nice formula that applies really easily! The polish dries up matte and a with very pretty velvet surface!

Sun pic: 


Indoor pic:


I however, really like pretty things that shine, so I added a coat of glittery top coat, namely Confetti’s “Party Palace Blue”. It’s a very sheer jelly base with blue microglitter and larger iridescent glitters, and it’s definitely meant to be a layering polish. It’s very pretty on top of a blue – it adds shine without taking over the mani completely. See for yourself:

Sun pic: 


 Indoor pic:


For the tribal print I used a stamping plate called T06, and I used Wet n Wild black crème to stamp with. It’s the first time I’ve tried that, and that worked just fine.

One coat of Poshé top coat, and my tribal nails were done!

Sun pic: 


Indoor pic:


I really like this! What do you think?

You should also check out these other Danish girls’ blogs to see what they came up with for nails with tribal prints on them:

Stay tuned the day after tomorrow - same bat time, same bat channel – for glitter nails! My favourite finish - I bet it’s going to be fun!!

25 comments:

  1. Very cool! The stamping looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! Turquoise and blue work so well together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so glad that I thought of adding the blue glitter as a topper :)

      Delete
  3. It's a really pretty mani, and yay, I own that Bolts of Blue too, haven't tried it yet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should try it out soon, yes you should ;)

      Delete
  4. I don't really like such prints, but the basecolor is so great. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I actually love the base colour too! :D

      Delete
  5. Wow, I love this combination, it is an eye catcher for shore. The glitter plus the tribal stamping was a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - I love how this turned out! :)

      Delete
  6. Ooh I like the final result with the tribal stamping over the sparkly blue! Very pretty! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeg ledte og ledte også på mine stampingplader men der var ingen hjælp at hente :-/ Tilgengæld har jeg lige købt en masse fede tribaltatoveringer (jeg tør ikke få lavet en tattoo permanent, så mine tatoveringer kanvaskes af :-p) Dem kunne jeg vel bare ha klistret hen over neglene ;-) Rigtig flot mani!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Det må være nogle meget små tribaltatoveringer, du har købt, hvis de ligefrem giver mening at putte på neglene :D
      Men tak - jeg var meget glad over at finde et stempeldesign, der passede på denne challenge :)

      Delete
  8. I like how simplistic and cute this is! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was pretty impressed over how well it worked :)

      Delete
  9. I must have that plate to do this design!! I love it-very nice my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I was so pleased with it myself. And I am doing my best to keep up :)

      Delete