Sunday, July 29, 2012

Summer Challenge Day 15: Delicate Print


Summer Challenge Day 15: Delicate Print

I have been thinking a lot about what today’s challenge should end up with. I was unsure whether “delicate print” referred to the size of the print, or if it should just be subtle. I decided for a mix of the two. Wait and see.

I used Orly “Charged up” for my base coat. First coat went on streaky and weird, and the second coat evened it all out and made it look great. I’m glad it did!

The sun was out, so here’s a sunshine pic of “Charged up”. Two coats, no top coat. Shiny, eh?

 
Next pic is an indoor shot of the same polish. It’s amazing how dulled it gets in my lightbox.

 
Then I applied a coat of Catrice’s “Godfather of Pearl”, which is from their LE “Million Styles Effect” series. I love that series of colour and effect changing toppers. Here’s one coat over the Orly, in the sun:


And a pic in my lightbox. There’s still no top coat involved yet.


Now for the stamping. I stamped with 340 from Miss Sporty. That’s a berry coloured crème, that I received in a swap with sweet Tünde from Tünciről <- click to check out her blog!
I used a stamping plate from Essence with no number on it.

And then I stamped outlines of hearts randomly and in various numbers on my nails. I put on a layer of Poshé top coat, and my delicate print mani is done.

Here are the final results:


I must admit that I really like this. It is a good sign when I don’t really feel like taking of my nail polish! :D


You should also check out these other Danish girls’ blogs to see what they came up with for nails with delicate prints on them:


Stay tuned the day after tomorrow - same bat time, same bat channel – for nails with tribal prints!

27 comments:

  1. Orly Charged Up is a really gorgeous color, but I also like what you did on it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I must admit that I really like that topper from Catrice. I would have bought extra, but didn't see them anywhere.

      Delete
  2. Very cute! I really like the end result :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These colors all look great together! Love the stamp you picked out as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that. It's nice to try and interpret these challenges.

      Delete
  4. Super fint og diskret på den vilde måde ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like it very much. The Orly polish is really awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - yes, that's another winner from Orly :)

      Delete
  6. So pretty! Love the colors and the design. Your artwork is always so beautiful and well done! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwh... seriously? :) Thank you soooo much! <3

      Delete
  7. aww super cute! i love the hearts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vi stamper simpelthe alt for lidt!! Og jeg kune købe mig fattig i stamping lir :-p
    Det er en rigtig sød delicate mani du har lavet!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeg kan godt lide at stemple, specielt når det går rigtigt fint, som her :) Og tak!! :)

      Delete
  9. My goodness this is stunning!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, you know I appreciate it! :)

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I really liked them myself :)

      Delete
  11. Wow this is really great! I love it!

    ReplyDelete