Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer Challenge Day 5: Blue

Summer Challenge Day 5: Blue

I’m coming to like blue nail polishes more and more, each time I wear them. It’s nice when it is like that!

For today’s challenge I used Rimmel “Blue Eyed Girl” as my base colour. It’s a sky blue crème that’s opaque in one coat only. I applied to coats anyway, just because I wanted to make sure I hadn’t missed any spots in the first layer.

It dries really fast – I like that in a polish.

Two easy coats, no top coat just yet:




I don’t wear polishes like this one on its own. I chose to spice it up with a glitter, namely “Dorothy Who?” from China Glaze’s “Wizard of Ooh Ahz” collection from 2009. I love this blue glitter!

I decided that just layering it over the Blue Eyed Girl would be boring, so I used one of my new striper brushes, and made vertical stripes on all the nails.



I sealed it all up with a layer of China Glaze Fast Forward top coat, which does dry really fast, but man, that’s the weirdest smelling top coat I’ve got!!


You should check out these other Danish girls’ blogs to see what they came up with for blue nails:

Stay tuned the day after tomorrow - same bat time, same bat channel - for violet nails!

19 comments:

  1. Blue Eyed Girl is a gorgeous blue - she is nice with and with out the layering, that matches her so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought her last time Rimmel was on sale in Matas. I like that polish, but I don't think I would have paid full price for it :)

      Delete
  2. Great shade. The only thing that worries me about blue polishes is the risk of staining. Do you ever have that problem?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only experienced staining once, and I can't even remember which polish it was now! So no, I'm generally not worried. And besides - I wear nail polish all the time, so when they're stained, you can't see it :)

      Delete
  3. I love the Rimmel polsih, well I like them in general. I haven't seen that polish I would totally grab it and make it mine :)
    Love the stripes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I like this blue because it's so "clear". I'm generally not a huge fan of cremes, but I like this one :)

      Delete
  4. What a lovely idea for a quick but beautiful mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh that's pretty! I like your idea of doing glitter lines! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I must admit that I was pleased with myself over this mani :)

      Delete
  6. Den er sej!! Minder måske lidt om Essie Mesmerised?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Den kender jeg ikke, men når jeg googler billeder af den, ser den lidt mørkere ud end Rimmels her.

      Delete
  7. This is a gorgeous blue! I love it with the glitter on top!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blues <3. Amazing combo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this combination! SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really liked the effect of the glittery stripes :)

      Delete