Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Star Gazer ~ 304

Star Gazer ~ 304  
Sea green/Turquoise shimmer

This is my only Star Gazer polish, and I love it. It’s the kind of blueish/greenish/turquoise-ish colour that I’ve become so fond of recently. And the shimmer… ooh, it’s legendary! ;)

The formula is great. The shimmer spreads out easily, and it only takes two easy coats to reach full opacity. And the polish is just as pretty on the nails as it is in the bottle, so no unwanted surprises there.

The sun was out, so here’s a shot in the sun. No top coat yet:


Look at that shimmer! Isn’t it just amazing!!

Here’s an indoor shot. The shimmer is toned down, but this way you can see that this colour has so much more than just turquoise in it.



I stamped on it, using a big stamping plate marked “H”, and I used a no name black stamping polish. I intended to stamp a dragon on this mani, but I couldn’t get that plate to work, and I found that a cute frog would be just as appropriate.

Here’s that step. Still no top coat.


However weird this may sound, I wanted more shimmer. Not because the shimmer in Star Gazer wasn’t prominent enough, but because I wanted the frogs to shimmer as well. So I covered the whole thing up with a layer of Catrice’s “Million Styles Effect top coat” called “¿Holo Qué Tal?”. Catrice describes the top coat as “holographic shimmering glitter pigments”, and you’ll get no argument about that from me. :)

I applied a coat of that, and got a nice purple shimmer to my frogs.


I couldn’t take proper pics of the mani – they all look as if the shimmer drowns the frogs completely. It’s not the case in real life. I’m sorry that I can’t document it, you’ll just have to take my word for it! :D


Opacity: 9/10
Colour, prettiness: 10/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 10/10
Overall: 9.5/10
Buy again: Yes

32 comments:

  1. What a sweet mani, I love it. It looks like the Star Gazer is a little like Essence Choose Me...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) They are related, but they are not dupes. Choose Me has some golden shimmer to it that this Star Gazer doesn't have.

      Delete
  2. Love it! This mani looks very pretty, even though it is bit hard to understand from the photos that you stamped frog image on your nails :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) It's funny that the frogs got so camera shy after having the topper applied.

      Delete
  3. Green mani. This Star Gazer polish reminds my essence's Choose Me! but well I don't think they are real dupes, but very similar I guess. I should use that poor essence next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right. Star Gazer and Choose me are just similar, not dupes. I've only used my Essence once, I guess it's getting bored in the drawer now :)
      And thanks :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, amazing top coat and the shimmer of the polish is absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colour on that Star Gazer polish on the indoor shot is beautiful. And frogs? Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh.. thank you so much, I'm very happy you like it!

      Delete
  6. Extremely pretty. That star gazer polish is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, isn't it. I'm also very glad that I have it. :) Thank you so much!

      Delete
  7. I love stargazer! this is a gorgeous polish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I know you've been using their base coat. I might look for that too! :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks. I've become quite fond of layering now.

      Delete
  9. Star Gazer is very pretty! It reminds me a little of Zoya Charla. And I really like the end result, with the purple shimmers on the frogs. :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - Shimmer on shimmer looked great in my opinion :)

      Delete
  10. oooh this is amazing, I have Stargazer here but don't think I'v come across this shade before x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it here in such a big box full up with all sorts of colours, and this one almost jumped up into my hand :D Xx

      Delete
  11. I really like the mermaid-ness of this color... so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a really gorgeous glitter! I love the colors in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shade that I love more and more each day :)

      Delete