Sunday, July 15, 2012

Summer Challenge Day 8: Metallic


Summer Challenge Day 8: Metallic

I chose a German polish for today’s challenge, namely a P2 called “So Cool”. It’s a vibrant blue with an almost metallic finish. I like the formula of P2’s polishes. This one is quite well pigmented, and could maybe have been a one coater, had I applied a thicker coat. But I applied two coats, and was quite satisfied with the opaqueness. At some point soon I think I’ll try using it as a stamping polish as well.

Enough already with the talking, here’s how 2 coats of “So Cool” looks like without a top coat:


Isn’t that just hugely shiny? Drying time is really good too – so this was quite a quick mani!


I stamped on it, using a no name silver polish and stamping plate M37 from Mash. I stamped the arrows (or whatever they are) randomly on each nail. 

So here are my metallic nails: 


Do you know P2? Have you got any of them? Which polish would you have chosen for metallic nails?


You should also check out these other Danish girls’ blogs to see what they came up with for metallic nails:


Stay tuned the day after tomorrow - same bat time, same bat channel - for rainbow nails! wOOt!

18 comments:

  1. Ohh, I'll have put this on my to-buy list for the next time I go to Germany, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it too. I've got more blue polishes than I thought, actually. :D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks. The stamp certainly added something cool to it.

      Delete
  3. So pretty. I love blue and this is my favorite color. I have something similar from Wet n Wild on my nails, just a bit lighter, like close to teal. Have you seen their mini Chrome line? The bottles are mini's I mean, haha. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I haven't. We seem to miss all the cool W n W stuff here. But teal chrome sounds like something I'd like for sure! :)

      Delete
  4. Drøn lækker farve og design!! Men jeg har aldrig hørt om mærket før...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tak! P2 er et mærke jeg tjekker ud hver gang jeg er i Tyskland, for de laver nogle fede og billige ting :)

      Delete
  5. That's a pretty blue! I like it with the silver stamping too! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think the silver added a lot to this mani :)

      Delete
  6. So Cool looks cool :D. Lovely stamping also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I like it when the stamping works :)

      Delete
  7. This is a really gorgeous blue!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, isn't it. I love dark shiny blues like this one :)

      Delete