Sunday, July 8, 2012

NYX ~ Be Jewelled and Pink Glitter

NYX ~ Be Jewelled meets Pink Glitter  
Seagreen packed with golden shimmer meets iridescent glitter in various sizes


These NYX polishes are the “advanced salon formula”. I must admit that I thought “Yeah right”, but after having tried them myself, I realize that there is actually a difference. The formula is smoother on these ones than on the regular polishes, the smell is much better and the drying time is better too. Not perfect, but close.

First shot of Be Jewelled, which covered perfectly in two easy coats. I was so lucky that the sun was out! Check out that shimmer – is that crazy or what?!


Here’s another picture, taken in my light box. There’s no top coat involved just yet.



On to the next polish. I wasn’t in the mood for stamping or other kinds of nail art, but even the most shimmery polish gets better with a bit of glitter. Pink Glitter is a clear base with iridescent glitter in various sizes. I didn’t realize that it actually has little stars in as well, until I saw them on the brush. I wasn’t interested in the stars today, so I made sure that they stayed in the bottle. Inverted fishing, if you like :D

Here’s one coat of Pink Glitter on top of Be Jewelled. The picture is taken in the sun again.

 
The iridescent glitter kind of drowns in the sun because it’s just too glittery, but I can assure you that it’s there.

And here’s a pic in my lightbox. See how that glitter just adds to the mani!? 


I just love this. And I’ll be checking out more NYX Advanced Salon Formula polishes for sure!


Do you know NYX polishes? Have you tried the difference between the regular ones and the Salon ones?


Be Jewelled
Opacity: 9/10
Colour, prettiness: 10/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 10/10
Overall: 9.5/10
Buy again: Yes

16 comments:

  1. Thank you dear *.*

    I love your nails :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I have a NYX dupe of it in my iSwap section - it's called Sea of Cortez. Find it here, if you're interested: http://rainbowifyme.blogspot.dk/p/iswap.html

      Delete
  3. I want pink glitter so bad because of the stars! I did notice also that this does actually have a better quality of their other polishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually surprised that the quality seems better - the price difference isn't that big, really :)

      Delete
  4. Looks so great. Such a pretty combo! I've never tried any NYX but would love to :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite fond of NYX polishes, they've made so many pretties :)

      Delete
  5. I love the green flash to this one! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - shimmer, glitter and green in one mani will almost always be a win in my book :)

      Delete
  6. This look really shimmery-I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazingly shimmery, I nearly needed sunglasses in order to have a proper look at it!

      Delete