Friday, July 27, 2012

Summer Challenge Day 14: Flowers

Summer Challenge Day 14: Flowers

Flowers! A very popular nail decoration. My problem is, that I’m not very good at freehanding them. But I know that practice makes better, so I went for freehanded flowers anyway. Don’t say I didn’t warn you! :D

I wanted to use some of my new Flormar polishes that Aylin sent me, so I chose three. I really like Flormars: The formula is good, the pigmentation is excellent and the drying time is fine. The only thing I don’t like so much about them is that they seem to be very difficult to photograph.

I started out with Flormar 444, a bright neon pink from their spring & summer 2012 collection. It looked pretty cool after the first coat, and even better after the second.

The picture is not colour accurate, but it was the best I could do. It doesn’t have a coral tone to it in real life.

Two coats, no top coat:

Flormar 444
Then I applied a coat of Flormar 392, which is holographic microglitter in a clear base. It’s like China Glaze’s Fairy Dust x 100! And it dries up completely smooth, no grittiness at all. I love it!

Here’s one coat over the pink:


 I tried to photograph the holographic effect for you, but the sun wasn’t in the mood to put his hat on and come out to play today, so this is the best I could do:


Now for the flowers: I chose Flormar 448, a deep purple crème, also from the spring & summer collection 2012, and dotted two flowers on each nail. I sealed it all up with a coat of Poshé top coat, and the mani was finished:


That was my flowery mani for today. I hope you enjoyed the show :D

You should also check out these other Danish girls’ blogs to see what they came up with for nails with flowers on them:
Stay tuned the day after tomorrow - same bat time, same bat channel – for nails with delicate prints!

26 comments:

  1. It's so frustrating when colours don't photograph accurately. I love the look of the pink though and that holographic shade is amazing! Great freehanded flowers :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very frustrated when the colours don't look the same on pics as in real life no matter what I do!
      And thanks, I really appreciate the kind words :)

      Delete
  2. This is it - you have to do more freehand flowers and nail art, you are good at it, so what are you waiting for.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I don't feel that I am good at it at all :D But yes, I *will* practice more ;)

      Delete
  3. This is amazing! Love how you layer the polishes. That holo polish is just awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I love layering and see what different effects I can get out of it :)

      Delete
  4. FINE blomster!!! :-) Har du dottet og så trukket noget spidst mod miidten? Det er ihvertfald en nem måde at lave en lidt "levende" blomst på :-) Vi bliver godt nok kastet ud på dybt vand nogen af os lige nu...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Det er lige præcist sådan jeg har lavet blomsterne! Mit problem var lidt, at noget af lakken nåede at tørre før jeg fik trukket i dem. Men hvad - det gik jo alligevel :)

      Delete
  5. Nice manicure! I like the flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg i love that glitter! gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really pretty! I absolutely love that pink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very pretty and summery pink for sure :) Thank you!!

      Delete
  8. Oh, I thought the flowers were stamped.... Nicely done... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you, thank you for thinking they were stamped. That's a *huge* compliment in my book!! :)

      Delete
  9. EEE super cute!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I like this combination! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - I've learned a lot about layering from you!

      Delete
  11. These are so lovely! I love the colour combo :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really like pink and purple together, and a good holo is always nice :)

      Delete